What are "cookies"?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored in your browser by the websites you visit.
Cookies can be used to identify you to a website, to help it remember your preferences or to track your usage of the website so that the people who run it can give you a better service.
If you would like to know how to control or delete cookies, or just to learn more about them, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
The Widgit website uses three cookies, which are described below. All of the cookies we use are necessary to ensure that the website does the things that you would expect it to do.
|User login and shopping basket
We use a cookie to identify you when you log into our website to use the shop. Without the cookie, our website would still be able to remember what was in your shopping basket, but it wouldn't know that the shopping basket was yours.
|'Point' and accessibility features
Some visitors to websites need special help to be able to access the information on a website. This could be changes to the size of text and using different colours to make it easier to read, adding the ability to read the page aloud or supporting the text on the page with symbols to make the words easier to understand.
Widgit uses 'Point' to support the text on our web pages. If you turn 'Point' on or off then it will use a cookie to remember your choice.
The Flash video player on our website uses a cookie to save your volume preferences.
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address and telephone number.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect may be used:
- To process your order and to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products you have purchased).
- If you have opted to be kept informed of any of our products or services, we will use your email address in order to send you that information. In such a case you will always be offered the option to opt in/out of further communication.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes, however these companies will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information, please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
26 Queen St