Pupil Voice Autism
For children and young people on the autistic spectrum
A practical resource designed to help adults elicit the views of children and young people on the autistic spectrum and to involve them in their own learning process.Buy Now
The materials in this pack are a supplement to those in the resource 'Pupil Voice: an individual to whole school approach' (East Sussex County Council 2006).
The content of this book was developed by the Communication, Learning and Autism Support Service (CLASS), East Sussex.
The book consists of a series of structured questions on aspects of school, supported with Widgit symbols. It includes questions on the areas of communication, social interaction, change and sensory issues.
These ASD Pupil Voice materials are the result of a research project and extensive trialling by the CLASS team. Some typical examples of how the materials have been used effectively include:
- Helping adults understand how a pupil views learning and social situations in school. This has often highlighted feelings and perceptions that were previously not known and that can then be addressed and supported
- Helping identify where sensory preoccupations have been affecting learning
- Uncovering well-being issues
- Involvement of the pupil in identifying and jointly planning strategies of support
- Information and guidance for using the materials
- Speech Bubbles page
- Symbols to use throughout the discussion
- Feelings cards
- The 'make better' symbol and blank cards
- Symbols for section 1: The practice and interests at home
- Symbols for section 2a: Curriculum and feelings about school
- Symbols for section 2b: Curriculum and feelings about school
- Golden Time
- Symbols for section 3: Communication Skills
- Symbols for section 4: Social Interaction
- Symbols for section 5: Flexibility of thought and changes
- Symbols for section 6: Sensory Issues
- Script for structured questioning
Ways to Buy
Select 'Add to basket'
Order By Phone:
01926 333 680
Order By Email:
Order By Post To:
1st Floor, Bishops House