Jobs at Widgit Software
Widgit has been making educational software for over 30 years. It was started as a family business and has managed to grow to employ 20 people whilst still remaining a relaxed and friendly place to work. We are market and technology leaders in providing symbol-based software products for both desktops and online. All of our staff are talented and highly motivated, and take pride in the company and its products.
Office Manager/Personal Assistant
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a person who can do everything! Widgit has been making educational software for over 30 years. It was started as a family business and has grown to employ over 20 people, whilst still remaining a relaxed and friendly place to work. We now need an amazing person to manage our office and keep us organised. We are looking for someone who is prepared to take responsibility and have a go at anything. We are looking for someone who will live and breathe our values of integrity, kindness and quality.
The overall purpose of this role is to manage the office, providing personal support to the Managing Director and other members of the team in delivering the business strategy and keeping everything running smoothly, including taking responsibility for all aspects of the building and its upkeep.
To do this successfully the Office Manager will need to have:
- An excellent standard of written English, with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level organisational skills with ability to multi task and manage time effectively
- A methodical approach and ability to plan and prioritise.
- Good problem solving skills and willingness to take on issues and resolve them.
- The ability to use initiative and a willingness to challenge where necessary, take responsibility and make decisions.
- A personable approach and an ability to develop good relationships with members of the team, customers and business associates.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using Microsoft office.
- A willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- Recognition of the importance of confidentiality and ability to maintain trust and confidentiality at all times.
- Good levels of resilience and negotiation skills for managing contractors and suppliers.
- A Full UK Driving Licence to attend off-site meetings and events.
You will need to be IT literate and confident with learning new systems.
If you are a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach and a ‘can do attitude’ and are willing to get involved, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in what Widgit does and shares an affinity with the company’s values.
- Holiday Entitlement of 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Private Health Insurance – BUPA
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hours of work Monday – Friday, 9.00 – 17.30
If you are interested please apply here : https://www.totaljobs.com/job/office-manager/widgit-job87870517
Full Job Description