Bereavement and Loss
Developed with Sarah Helton to help with the process of bereavement and loss
A set of resources designed for children, young people and their families to help them through the process of bereavement and loss including specific resources dealing with particular aspects of bereavement.
These resources have been developed by Sarah Helton in association with her book A Special Kind of Grief:
The complete guide for supporting bereavement and loss in special schools and other SEND settings (published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers).
- The emotions of grief
- What happens at a funeral?
- What is a burial?
- What is cremation? (cremation after funeral)
- What is cremation? (funeral and cremation at crematorium)
- What is a funeral?
- What is death?
- What is separation or divorce? (stay with Mummy)
- What is separation or divorce? (stay with Daddy)
- Worry sentences
- Alive and dead symbols
- All forms of grief and loss
- Comfort cards
- Emotions of loss and grief
- Supporting bereaved children
- Symbols to explain how somebody died
Although these resources can be used on their own, they are best used in conjunction with the book.
Sarah Helton of BackPocketTeacher www.backpocketteacher.co.uk
The complete guide for supporting bereavement and loss in special schools (& other SEND settings) by Sarah Helton is available from Amazon and all other good book sellers
A children’s story about Loss and Grief in a School. This book is also available from Amazon and all other good book sellers